Hi My name is Margaret. I am a wife, mother of 2 and an entrepreneur. Way back, when I was in high school, I knew I wanted to open a business. I kept a spiral bound notebook that held my research information on possible businesses. Remember, this was way back, before the internet. I was planning to open a bagel/deli shop. I wrote out the cost of Bunn Coffee Makers, glass front refrigerated cases, meat slicers, and the such. I went to college in Pennsylvania where there were no delis and no decent bagels and this only furthered my thinking that I would move to PA and open a bagel/deli. My Junior year of college, while I lived in an off campus row house, a sandwich shop opened across the street called Tucker’s. This place was packed every night from 10pm to 1am. I thought to myself, “See this can work!”. I graduated college, came back home to New Jersey and got a job. This is where I abandoned my dream of owning a deli.
I worked in Human Resources, earned my Masters degree in Human Resources Management, became professionally certified as a SPHR. I was fully entrenched in my HR career. However, the idea of becoming a business owner was still in my heart. I continued researching businesses and looked into franchises. Having found one that I loved, I applied and was approved to become a franchise owner. But life had other ideas, as it often does for us.
Fast forward years. I made it to the top of the food chain in HR. My next career strategy was to move from company to company growing in scope, service and population. But I had grown weary and sad in my career that I had invested in so heavily. On October 14, 2019, I worked my last day in HR. On November 5, 2019, I opened Off Main Gift Shop. Yes, I opened a gift shop in three weeks. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
Off Main Gift Shop is located in downtown Manasquan, New Jersey, just “off Main” Street. OMG, as we lovingly call the shop, is full of giftable items, mostly sweet but some sassy. You can find products for yourself, a friend, co-worker or any woman in your life. We carry brands like Nora Fleming, Blue Q, Maison Berger, DEMDACO, Mud Pie and Michel Design Works.
At OMG, you will find:
- home décor like picture frames, wall art, vases, coasters, throw rugs
- coastal décor including sea glass art handmade by local artists
- jewelry, rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings
- handbags, purses wristlets and totes
- home fragrance products like candles, reed diffusers and oil lamps
- baby gifts including Warmies, loveys, frames, and money banks
- kitchen items such as dish towels, oven mitts, stainless steel straws and Bee’s Wrap
- entertainment serveware such as platters, bowls, dip cups, cheese boards and knives
- gourmet balsamic vinegars and flavored oils
- gifts for the pet owner
- snarky Blue Q socks for men and women
- and puzzles! (our favorite family activity)
We pride ourselves on having gifts that you will find affordable, fun, cute, sweet, sassy – just perfect in every way.
Follow us on Instagram @offmaingifts or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/offmaingifts to stay up on our latest events and promotions. We host a Facebook Live event every month so stay tuned!